Catholic Burial Beliefs
- As people of faith our cemetery has a special place in our beliefs, in our hearts and in our minds. These grounds are sacred places, held sacred by the Catholic Church and the faithful.
- For a Catholic, burial in a Catholic cemetery is a final act of faith, a public witness to one’s membership in a community of faith; to one’s belief in the resurrection of the body and everlasting life.
- Death as seen through the eyes of a Catholic is not the end. It is simply a natural passageway to everlasting life. Burial in a Catholic cemetery is a statement of continued belief in that everlasting life, even death, and a statement of our all-pervading respect for life.
- Catholic cemeteries bear silent witness to the final resurrection. They are symbols of our faith, which tells us that life, while changed, does go on; it is not ended.
- Catholic cemeteries are a sacred place set aside by the Church for burial of our faithful loved ones, and non-Catholic members of our families. The bodies of those buried there rest under the watchful eye of the Bishop as well as the pastor of Holy Trinity until the last day.
- Those buried there share a common belief in the sacredness of the body and the Resurrection of the dead. Catholic cemeteries are on sacred and consecrated ground.
- For those reasons, we encourage Catholics and their families to pre-arrange for burial in a Catholic cemetery.
- Catholic cemeteries are committed to serving Catholics and their families in providing a sacred place for the burial and honor of loved ones.
Holy Trinity Catholic Cemetery
- Holy Trinity cemetery is operated, as a not-for-profit organization, by the staff of Holy Trinity Catholic Church under the umbrella of the Catholic Diocese of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- For a Catholic, burial in a Catholic cemetery is a final act of faith, a public witness to one’s membership in a community of faith, to one’s belief in the resurrection of the body and everlasting life. The Catholic cemetery is a sacred place set aside by the Church for the burial of the faithful and it reflects the Church’s teaching and traditions. The Catholic cemetery is an extension of the parish community where those who have worshipped together in life now rest together in peace, awaiting Christ’s return in glory.
- Our Catholic cemetery is dedicated to perpetual care and maintenance of its properties. A percentage of funds from all purchases are set aside strictly for perpetual care.