Holy Trinity was founded in 1848. The original church was a small wooden structure that was built on three acres at Five Mile and Baumhoff Rd. Father Berghorst was Holy Trinity’s first resident Pastor. He served from 1900 to 1910. The second church was built in 1883 on four acres at the corner of Cordes and Alpine Church Rd. The third church was built in 1956 and was destroyed by a tornado on Palm Sunday, April 11, 1965. The fourth and current church was built in 1968 with the narthex added in 1998.